1. Insulate as well as Weatherproof! One of the most efficient A/C system worldwide can not make up for an improperly shielded residence. Drafty door and window seals as well as under-insulated attics as well as outside wall surfaces could cause your HEATING AND COOLING to work double-time attempting to maintain.
2. Not all home heating, air flow and also cooling (HVAC) equipment is equal. As much as half of the energy used in your home goes to cooling and heating. So making wise decisions regarding your house's HEATING AND COOLING system can have a huge effect on your energy bills-- and your convenience.
3. Heating and air conditioning prices make up almost half the house's overall energy costs. If your central air conditioning device is greater than Ten Years old, replacing it with an ENERGY STAR ® certified, high-efficiency model can reduce your cooling costs by 30 percent.
4. ENERGY STAR certified central air conditioners have a greater seasonal energy efficiency proportion (SEER) compared to conventional designs, which makes them concerning 14% a lot more efficient compared to common designs. The higher the SEER, the better the effectiveness. Since sizing and also appropriate installment of an air conditioning system are important to energy performance as well as residence comfort, it is essential to work with a qualified professional.
5. Heat pumps that qualify for the Smart Energy Savers Program have a higher seasonal power effectiveness proportion (SEER) and home heating seasonal performance aspect (HSPF) compared to conventional versions, that makes them concerning 8% percent more effective compared to basic brand-new models as well as 20% extra efficient than exactly what you could already have in your house.
6. Gas furnaces getting refunds have yearly gas application efficiency (AFUE) scores of 92%, or greater, read more making them approximately 15% more efficient than common versions. One in four furnaces in U.S. houses today is more than Twenty Years old. Certifying gas heaters make use of advanced technology to deliver higher effectiveness than conventional brand-new heating systems offered today.
7. High-efficiency heating and air conditioning tools gotten the BGE discount fulfill or go beyond the United States Epa's ENERGY STAR ® demands for product efficiency.
8. When is it time to replace your main heating and air conditioning system?
When your equipment needs constant repair services as well as your energy costs are raising.
When your heat pump or air conditioning system is greater than 10 years old. Consider changing it with a newer, extra power efficient tools that satisfies the Smart Energy Savers Program rebate performance levels
When your heater is greater than 15 years old. Take into consideration replacing it with a more recent, much more energy-efficient heater that satisfies the Smart Energy Savers Program discount effectiveness degrees.
9. Although these products can be more costly to acquire up front, the price difference will certainly be paid back gradually through reduced power bills. Make certain to ask your professional concerning Smart Energy Savers Program Heating & Cooling Discounts which can substantially help in reducing the difference in rate in between conventional and also high-efficiency products.
10. Appropriate upkeep can go a long way in stopping future heating and air conditioning system problems. Ask your specialist concerning yearly pre-season check-ups. Specialists usually get very hectic throughout summer season and winter months, so it's a smart idea to inspect the air conditioning system in the springtime and also the heating system in the fall.